We are now collecting pre-orders for the first batch of OTTO. You can pre-order it on this page
We use FEDEX to ship worldwide.
No, shipping costs are not included in the prices and should be paid additionally depending on the delivery country and territory.
Weight: 11.34 KG
Dimensions: 396x212x190mm (Stand’s size is not included).
The front panel is semitranslucent, it's textured grey. The colors are set by RGB and there may be a color coolant inside.
In the first batch we have only one option: the side panels are silver and the upper/lower panels are black. We will add more options later.
Comino covers OTTO and other Comino-branded products against manufacturing defects for one year from the date of purchase.
Efficient liquid cooling is the main advantage of Comino OTTO, compared with similar systems. Specially designed, calculated and manufactured full cover copper water blocks are made for OTTO to cool all the crucial components and ensure hardware stability: GPU, Video memory, VRM modules on motherboard and video card, CPU, South bridge and m.2 SSD storage.The device stays cool, operates better and longer. OTTO performs well under intense, prolonged workloads, such as gaming, rendering and others. The device stays cool even at room temperatures of 95°F, operates better and longer.
The noise level of this product is 40 dB in the office and below 32dB at home.
Yes, you can. ОТТО is manufactured in a way that lets you configure and place standard components inside provided that they are compatible with each other.
OTTO coolant is a pure H2O + anti-corrosion additives. Otto is designed to operate maintenance-free for one year, however, if the liquid level decreases significantly for some reason, it is advised to fill it to the level.
We ship OTTO with a colorless coolant by default. However, we can fill OTTO with any coolant color you want: clear or matte. We have recently done research in our lab and found that coolant paint clogs the edges of fittings and the water block, and reduces the cooling performance after 6 months of usage. This is why we recommend a clear liquid.
Our devices are perfect for any operations requiring high processing power. For example:
The device produces approx 1 kW/h (depending on the settings), this amount of heat is enough to heat 10-20 sq.m of living apartment.
If we consider Comino N1, it consumes 0.715 - 1 kW (±5%)
Comino Grando DECRYPTUM PR P104/12 4U consumes 2.7 kW (±5%)
Сomino Grando Rack consumes 25 kW - 50kW
Comino N1 dissipates approximately 1 kW into the air, blowing out a stream of air at a temperature about 20°C, relative to room temperature. For example, in quiet operation mode, when the room is 25°C, Comino blows air at a temperature of 45°C, and the temperature of the GPU is about 55°C. Naturally, if there is no ventilation, then the temperature in the room will gradually increase.Moreover, our B2B product Comino Grando can dissipate up to 3.5 kW of heat at the delta temperature of 20°C received from the water blocks.
Not yet, but we are working on this function.
The height, length and width of the device are 63.5 cm, 45.9 cm and 17.5 cm, respectively, that allows you to easily place it in an unoccupied corner of the room and forget about it while it mines the cryptocurrency for you. Read more on ihodl.com. The weight of the device is 27 kg.
Yes. Relative humidity should not exceed 80% (without condensation). Comino is a super-computer, so its operating conditions are exactly the same as those for other equipment.
Normal conditions typical for stationary equipment operating in enclosed spaces at a temperature of +2...+45°С, relative humidity up to 80% (without condensation) and atmospheric pressure 720...780 mm Hg.Art. To increase the life of the device, we strongly do not advise to operate it at an ambient temperature higher than +40°C and humidity more than 80%. The integrated cooling control system will not allow the devices to be operated at negative temperatures and temperatures above +45°C.
In case of timely maintenance and normal operating conditions (up to +23-25°С and humidity not exceeding 80%), the guarantee is 1 year. Lifetime is unlimited.
Yes, it is possible. It is necessary to connect a hard drive (SATA) and a monitor (to the built-in video card), install an OS (for example, Windows) and necessary software, then use Comino as a normal PC. In this mode, the display will not show temperature information, but we are working on it.
If Ethereum switches to POS, then it will be possible to continue mining a wide range of other altcoins via Comino and use it for tasks solved on GPU accelerators.
Yes, it is possible, but the cooling system is designed the way to install only boards of the particular reference (standard size or model). This additionally needs to be figured out. Installation should be carried out only if the special instructions are observed (provided on request).
This question relates to the market, which will be actual that time, we do not make forecasts.
For Ethereum hashrate is 200(±7%) Mh/s*. For ZCash hashrate is 2740.0 sol/s (Equihash).
The noise from Comino is about 30 dB - it's quieter than a whisper. Noise is one of the problems that we successfully solved via liquid cooling.
We update the software periodically to increase the functionality of Comino.
Not yet. We do not plan to provide this function in the nearest future, as this may adversely affect the equipment.
To answer this question, it is necessary to understand what we compare.
Our company manufactures the most effective liquid-cooled devices for retail and business.
1. We get all the component parts from the leading suppliers in the world. Such as:
- ASUS/Gigabyte only high quality GPU;
- Molex - Connectors for riser boards. The riser boards themselves are developed and manufactured by Comino engineers;
- Chieftec - Power Supplies. Chieftec and Comino produce a special version of power supplies, with an element base designed for 24/7 operation;
- Hardware Labs Performance Systems - liquid radiators;
- Noctua - Fans. The IPPC series are reliable and incredibly quiet;
- Laing - The pump for the coolant.
2. Manufacture of heat-removable parts of the cooling system and case, as well as assembly of devices takes place in Germany - a country with a production culture known world-wide.
3. Qualitative liquid cooling prolongs the video cards' life and allows them to work stable 24/7 in a 20-25% overclocked mode.
4. Comino is a software and hardware complex. Comino produces Cosmos OS - based on Ubuntu and private cabinet to manage all the activities. You get the software developed by us, which allows you to "work with one button". All you need is to connect Comino to the Internet, and all management goes through your personal account.
5. Warranty and technical support for Comino are provided for 1 year. While the guarantee provided by video cards manufacturers for these cards used for high load is only 3 months. Also extended warranty is available up to 5 years (depends on the product line).
Due to the high efficiency of the liquid cooling system, the volume of air circulating through Comino is significantly less than through the classic mining farm, so it collects much less dust. Most of this dust settles on the liquid radiator, which is easy to clean during maintenance.
In general, the efficiency of computer technology is very small - less than 20%, all the rest is parasitic heat, which Comino transforms into a useful work of heating the room, therefore, conditionally, we can say that the Comino's efficiency is 100%.
This parameter changes daily, it is more convenient to follow it on the www.whattomine.com or to wait for a calculator which'll appear soon on our web.
To calculate it please use the calculator via the link Ethereum Mining Profitablity Calculator
Comino is a plug-n-play device, its power supply is already inside.
Either LAN or WiFi will work fine. For the best performance, please, ensure the bandwidth of the channel not less than 256 kbit/sec.
This is a very broad issue. The difference from the handicraft GPU miners is revealed in the paragraph about the price. Our unique selling points are:
Т20Н will be a perfect match.
Thanks to the Power Limit function, you can regulate the heat generation in the range from 750 to 1100 V/h without loss of performance (in case of ETH mining).
Comino can mine a huge amount of alt coins, such as ETH, ETC, VEO, BTM, LTC, MSR and 400+ more. To switch from one currency to another you need to change the wallet and Comino will start mining the chosen currency automatically.
Thank you for your question! To get high hashes for ETH, indeed, you don't need to get high core clocks for GPU, but you need to get high clock for memory which leads to heavy heat generation on memory chips AND voltage regulators. When not cooled, VRM overheats. That leads to unstable work of voltage regulators (VRM) → memory errors, failure and unstable mining.
True, 106 and 1060 are similar. In our case, with liquid cooling, we overlock our GPUs faster than with the standard cooling (fans).
Liquid cooling allows to remove the heat from all three modules. Standard cooling (fans) remove the heat only from GPUs. That part of a radiator contains some small copper parts. The other parts are coated insignificantly or not covered at all, sometimes being in contact with the radiator. While mining, as you know, memory and power block are actively used. When the miner claims that the temperature is 66C, most probably it was taken from the GPU indicator, which is placed in the GPU processor. At the same time, memory and power block can be overheating (100C or even higher). If you google GPU thermal imaging, you’ll see the whole picture. When the system’s memory and power block overheat, GPUs start giving out errors. With time, microchips are starting to degrade. There are cases when after a year of mining microchips burned or degraded by 20%. In our case, all three modules are equally cooled. Using the thermal imaging, we can see that with the outside T 36C, the temperature on all the modules does not rise above 60C. Another unique selling point of our device - the stability of mining in 36C.
102 and 106 gpus are very different, as well as their performance with different altcoins. In some cases they show a major increase (ETH), in other smaller (Zcoin). They also overheat more, and are more difficult in maintenance. With their current price they are not very profitable. We will consider using them in a new device if the price goes down.
As I previously mentioned, we use all the top level components in our devices.
1. To connect multiple PSU’s to a motherboard (which is not meant for that), you will need an adapter similar to this https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Multi-Power-Supply-Adapter-Connector-ADD2PSU-PSU-board-For-Miner-ETH-BTC/292195480750?epid=22006161000&hash=item44083534ae:g:RsgAAOSw7ChZeB01
- Connect power output from one PSU (the one connected to the motherboard) to the adaper and plug in the second PSU with its standard 24-pin output to the adapter.
- As soon as masterblock is switched on, the second power block will run by itself from the adapter.
- Important: Do not run an unloaded power supply (connect at least a fan to it)
2. It is important to remember that when you connect GPUs to two different PSUS, they should not be cross-connected. Which means, if GPUs are fed through the riser to one block, don’t feed them through the pci-e power cable to the other. That can lead to a poor performance of a motherboard.
3. If PSUs are purchased and the pci-e power cables are too short, you can use something like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-E-PCI-Express-6P-Male-to-6Pin-Male-Graphics-Power-Cable-Extended-Miner-Wire/282771015240?epid=908915615&hash=item41d6774648:g:S5kAAOSwkLhaMNOf
4. I wouldn’t recommend to use noname Chinese PSUs, which promise you 1500+W for 50$. In general, this product has poor quality and can damage your rig. It’s worse looking towards known/proven or local brands, which will be promptly repaired or replaced if a warranty case occurs.
5. From a technical point, PSU should be selected based on 3 general criteria:
- General power on a 12v bus: If you plan to use it 24/7, consider, that manufacturers do not recommend to load PSUs more than 80-85% of the announced power load
- I recommend looking towards efficient PSUs at least Bronze. At 24/7 and long term operation, you will gain in a lower energy consumption and lower PSU heat dissipation
- I suggest modular PSUs. They are often not much more expensive than conventional PSUs, but are much easier to operate and if you use the same power blocks in your farm, they can be replaced promptly.
Thank you for a great feedback!
True, ETH is not in its best shape this year. Nevertheless, our product is a well calculated investment:
All those factors still give us a great future handicap.
And... if GPU mining decides to sink forever (which won’t happen that fast), it’s a supercomputer which can be used for rendering, neural networks, AI, big data, gaming etc.
if you are an experienced miner you are probably thinking of a long term investment.
Your first long term investment was when you bought a rig, considering its stability, durability of its components, energy consumption (for example, PUE of aircooled rig is up to 2.0, PUE of liquid cooled 1.05 this is where you feel a significant difference), the ability of the rig to change the components, upgrade its parts or even change the mining algorithms.
Your second longterm investment - not cashing out your mining profits daily.
With the right choice even at current electricity prices you can still have a small but regular profit with a future handicap.